Friday, September 12, 2014

The Cottage Mama Georgia Vintage Dress

I have been hoarding most of the fabrics for a while and they were meant to stay in my do not cut and just admire pile. I know you all have one of those piles too! But when I heard The Cottage Mama was having a sewing contest, I knew I had to pull out the big guns to even stand a chance among all the talented seamstresses. So here is my one of a kind creation!
 
I used the Georgia Vintage Dress pattern and fell in love with the fit and versatility. The tutorial was written perfectly and very easy to follow along. 
I used a light pink Riley Blake crochet lace on the bodice panel and belt. I also used a pre ruffled soft tulle as my top skirt. I gathered and hand stitch it right onto the bodice. I wanted to give it a modern twist with the Michael Miller Glitz fabric on the collar and sleeve. It was the perfect touch of sparkle and shine! Adorable shoes are made by Joyfolie.
 
My daughters third birthday was this past week, so we celebrated one last time today by letting her blow out her cupcake candle.
 
She loved her dress and told me she looked pretty. My heart just about exploded with happiness.
 
Me: Say cheese!!!
Mila: Teeease!!!
 
"Are we done yet??? "
 
Thanks for visiting! Victoria Edwards
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment